Sugar Free Blueberry Muffins
“These muffins use the natural sweetness of apple and blueberry,
and the surprising sweetness of parsnip, to replace any missing sugar.”
- 100g marg, melted
- 250g Barkat Gluten-free Bread Mix
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 200 g blueberries
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 small parsnip peeled and grated
- 225 ml milk (I use Oatley as I cannot tolerate milk)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- PREHEAT the oven to 180c/gas 4.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, add the apple and parsnip and mix well, and then stir in the beaten eggs, melted marg, milk and vanilla essence and combine well.
- Gently fold through the blueberries. Spoon the mixture evenly into muffin cases or muffin trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.