Posted on March 3, 2014 at 9:55 am by / Recipes
- Cook the Barkat Macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes (until al dente); drain well and set aside.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat in a saucepan slightly larger than that used for the macaroni. Add the Barkat All Purpose Flour and stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, a little at a time. Cook for 10-15 minutes until you start to see a thickened and smooth sauce.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to hot.
- Remove the sauce from the hob, add 175g of the cheese and stir until the cheese is well combined and melted.
- Add the Macaroni to the sauce and mix well and then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a deep suitably-sized ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the remaining Cheddar and the Parmesan and place the dish under the hot grill. Cook until the cheese is browned and bubbling. Serve straightaway.