225g / 8 oz Barkat All Purpose Flour Mix
100g / 4 oz Margarine
50g / 2 oz Caster Sugar
3 tbs Water
450g/1lb Cooking apples
50-75g/2-3oz Caster Sugar
- Rub margarine into the Barkat All Purpose Flour Mix until mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar and stir, add egg and enough water to form a soft dough. This dough should leave the bowl clean. Divide dough into two pieces, using one piece to line the bottom of a greased pie dish.
- Peel, core and chop apples and place in pie dish. Sprinkle with sugar to taste.
- Roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Moisten edge of base pastry and place top pastry onto dish. Flute edge and trim.
- Out of the trimmings, make four leaves form centre of pie. Make two holes in pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in oven set at Gas Mark 4, 350F or 180C for 40-45 mins,until apples are tender and pastry is golden.